WHAT: A high-level event hosted by the global children’s charity Theirworld, Sesame Workshop and the Early Childhood Development Action Network (ECDAN) to discuss financing and investing in early years around the world.
WHEN: Wednesday, September 20, 12:30 PM EDT
WHERE: 599 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10022, United States
WHY: The first five years of a child’s life are crucial. It is when the brain grows fastest, and potential for healthy development is at its greatest. However, we are facing a global crisis of care and education in the early years. More than half of the world’s young children are missing out on quality childcare and preschool they urgently need.
This event will focus on how governments and partners can overcome challenges and secure greater and more effective investment in Early Childhood Development across different contexts around the world. In particular, the event will include Ukraine’s First Deputy Minister who will make the case for investing in early years support in a conflict situation.
- Sarah Brown, Chair of Theirworld and the Global Business Coalition for Education.
- Elizabeth Lule, Executive Director, Early Childhood Development Action Network.
- Sherrie Westin, President, Sesame Workshop. She will introduce a special video about the importance of the early years.
- Dr. Yevhen Kudriavets, First Deputy Minister, Ministry of Education and Science, Ukraine.
- Janine Händel, CEO, Roger Federer Foundation on building high impact champions.
- Sidsel Marie Kristensen, Chief Executive, Lego Foundation.
- Hon Dr Dorothy Gwajima, Minister for Community Development, Gender, Women and Special Groups, Tanzania.
- Harriette Chiggai, Cabinet Secretary, Executive Office the President Kenya.
- Stefania Giannini, Assistant Director-General for Education, UNESCO.
- George Laryea-Adjei, UNICEF Director of Programs.
- Yasmine Sherif, Executive Director, Education Cannot Wait.
- Tariq Al Gurg, Chief Executive, Dubai Cares.
- Luis Benveniste, Director of Education, World Bank.